Framingham police officer struck by car driven by woman, 85

UPDATED 4:40 p.m.: Framingham Police Lt. Ron Brandolini identified the officer struck as Lt. Mike Siaba.


UPDATED: 4:30 p.m.: It was a Framingham Police Lt. who was struck by a vehicle Monday afternoon on Maple Street, said Lt. Ron Brandolini. His name is still not being released, at this time.

The male Lt. is listed in good condition at Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston. While is injuries are still unknown, Brandolini said they don’t “appear serious.”

Brandolini said the incident was witnessed by a Framingham Police Sgt., who was driving behind the woman, 85, on his way to another detail.


UPDATED 2:22 p.m.: Framingham Police Lt. Ron Brandolini said the driver was a Framingham woman, 85.

The male Framingham Police officer was taken to Massachusetts General Hospital by helicopter. His injuries are unknown, said Brandolini.

Framingham Police did not identify the officer.

Editor’s Note: Framingham Police originally identified the driver that struck the officer as male, and later changed it to a female driver.


UPDATED 2:05 p.m.: A Framingham Police officer was struck by an elderly male driver, said Framingham Police Lt. Ron Brandolini.

The police officer’s condition is unknown, said Brandolini.

The male driver struck the officer, while he was on a detail in a work zone.

Framingham Police is investigating the incident along with the Massachusetts State Police Accident Reconstruction Unit, said Brandolini.



Just about 1:45 p.m. Tuesday, a medical helicopter was requested for a person struck on Maple Street. The scanner had the person with serious injuries.

Another scanner transmission indicated the person struck may have been a detail officer who was hit, but that is unconfirmed. A town officials said it was a police officer struck, but no official confirmation from Framingham Police.

The incident happened on Maple Street, where road crews have been working all day. The detail was for Lewis Tree Services.

The helicopter was scheduled to land at the Massachusetts State Police Headquarters.

A Framingham State University police cruiser had Maple Street blocked to all traffic at Winter Street. The other end of Maple Street at Franklin was also closed to through traffic.