KEENE, N.H. —Fire officials say a man has been electrocuted by a downed power line on property next to Keene State College Athletic Complex.
Fire Chief Mark Howard says firefighters and police responded to a Saturday afternoon call to the scene.
He says that out of safety concerns, crews couldn’t immediately approach the man because of the high voltage line. The man’s name was not immediately released, and the fire chief provided no further details surrounding his death.
He says the downed line also sparked a brush fire that covered about a quarter-acre before firefighters were able to bring it under control